Friday 12 August 2016

TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE! #RIO

[Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock...]

(Image Source)
As I heard the explosion, everything slowed down just like in the matrix and in one swift motion I leapt out of the passenger’s seat – it was a Toyota something, everything else was a blur. I scanned the express – left, right, and left again like we're supposed to; there were cars and trucks but I couldn’t be bothered. I dashed across the first half of the road, weaving past one speeding trailer then another and a Peugeot 504 before flipping over the highway divider like a gymnast – my blood was pumping, my heart was beating, I was only halfway there…



…the other side was in sight but the frenzy between where I was and where I had to be was livid; I had to make it across the second half of the highway but there was Road Rage! Still, I couldn’t afford to hover over any position for even a second – Willi-willi [like Agent Smith from The Matrix] was hot on my tail so I couldn't look back, I went for it. I boosted past the first Sienna - another Toyota vehicle; I dodged the incoming BRT by the skin of my teeth – it was red and vicious; I hesitated in the nick of time to feel the full force of the wind raging behind the Camry that zoomed off without apology – yet another Toyota. My pupils were dilated, my sense of perception was 4G, I survived…



 [If you notice I had to practise ‘left, right and left again’ to get across one side of the express because this is Naija mehn and someone doing 240kmph on 'one-way' iz norma].



…I forged on ahead as the goal was in sight and like Chioma Ajunwa and Simone Manuel, I was about to set an Olympic record – I was about to cross the express in LAGOS. Just before I crossed the finish line, however, I caught from the corner of my eye, a glimpse of the true picture behind me. The explosion I heard was actually the sound of the exhaust of a tokunbo motto begging for mercy and the Willi-willi I thought I saw was a #teamLaiSkin babe, but she was no ordinary #teamLaiSkin; the babe  done use bleaching cream brighten her destiny.

The Olympics will be coming to Nigeria soon and when it does, don’t worry, I’ll be the one to run with the torchlight.



It was over in a Flash, I had set a new world record, the Gold was mine!



Time is of the essence; Le monde appartient a ceux qui se leve tot. The difference between victory and defeat could be less than the time it takes akara to fry; so if there is only one thing you must know during these games in Rio or wherever they may be, it is to keep moving forward and never look back, because…

Time Is of The Essence!

(Image Source)

aka

Oga do shap shap!

[...Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock.]

No comments:

Post a Comment