Thursday 18 June 2015

BILLIONAIRE BOYS CLUB – THE REAL BBC



(Image Source)

How do I begin, where do I start from? I am sincerely lost for words as I write this piece because my heart is literarily bursting at the seams, too full and too unquiet to pull out the precise lyrics that I wish to use to describe how I feel. Simply unimaginable! That is the best I can really manage to muster at this moment. Please permit me to digress to my usual syntax to check my overflowing emotions.

I have many times pictured myself as a Senator, Governor, an Honorable and even the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria - no worry yasef, Baba God go do am! - and in each picture, the greater part of the canvass is occupied by a better Nigeria, not my face. A better Nigeria that Americans, Europeans, other Africans, Asians and the Arabian Princes come to for summer, a country that is capable of hosting the FIFA World Cup, the Olympic Games, Miss World and any other first class event that the world thinks to throw our way. If I could truly make any of my pictures come to life, I would not give a care in the world if the artist forgets to paint my fine boy face somewhere within the edges of the frame; In fact, remove me from the portrait! What would matter most to me would be that the good works I start and build will be allowed to grow and spread even long after I must have returned to dust and bones. Some people may not believe this - the usual doubting Thomas - but this is just who I am, money has no sway over me. Yes, I will fly to Ghana, Ethiopia and Lake Victoria when I earn it but never at the expense of another man, woman and most definitely not at the expense of any child. I shall never, with my eyes wide open or even tightly closed, punish my fellow human being by depriving him or her of his or her daily bread. May the Big Man Upstairs never allow it.

Our politicians have truly reached the height of insensitivity. If we thought they were callous before, boy, were we wrong! This is a time when Osun state workers are crying for salaries unpaid of more than 6 months! There is a ‘paucity’ of funds to pay civil servants across the nation. Nigerians are flying all the way to India for simple kidney transplants! Infrastructure is non-existent and even when by the odds of the gods they exist, dilapidation is their status. Good education is virtually non-existent! People are hungry! and a bunch of citizens who we supposedly voted for, allegedly respectable persons that we call our National Assembly (NASS) Senators and Honorables are eagerly waiting to share a signing bonus of 9 billion Naira - N9,000,000,000…abeg count the zeros in case you don’t understand.
How can human beings be so wicked and cold-hearted, do these men and women not fear God!? Diaris God ooo! APC, PDP, the lot of these politicians are simply put, cold-blooded and in my opinion, the worst kind of people on earth. How can you turn a blind eye to a fellow man dying on the street just so you can pop an extra bottle of Moét & Chandon or Hennessey in some god forsaken club or just so you can spend the people’s money on Courtesans: High End Hookers? I do not fear to call a spade a spade and now all I see is red! If these NASS members are not careful, peace loving Nigerians will start to paint bullseyes on their backs and if this ever starts, it will be open season. I doubt any of them, honourable as they claim to be, would make it to the airport, let alone to all those private jets they have bought with blood money. Blood money because they have stolen - yes, stolen! - from babies who never survived - poor medical facilities, the old who died too soon - withheld pension - and the young who hunger has made to do things even worse than you can imagine - please don’t even try to imagine. I am still seething with anger, almost foaming at the mouth, so I have decided to pen down a poem like my friend and Poet, Otaru Andrew Omeiza Daudu, maybe it will be my Pain Killer.

I have seen this world chew and spit,
but I know I have seen nothing yet.
We are walking a fine line,
the path between the dusk and the dawn.

I stand on a precipice,
looking into the dark eyes of despair.
The hope that has been swallowed not is,
like a thread of mango from between teeth, the morning after.


The treacherous road thus travelled,
has kept me but a spectating witness.
We see the despotic deeds of many men so few,
their battles in sorcery and the grass that suffer.


But a question still, I must ask.
How can we know it is the utter darkness,
if we have no notion,
of the light?


Live then and survive because you know,
for 170 million threads of mango can a land fertile make,
and a land fertile made can the greatest of trees grow.
Do not be consumed by this world’s trump card, its Joker; the darkness within.


Stand Up and Protest….Revolt Like the French of Old! 
#H33Revary


Notwithstanding the treachery we as a people have endured for the many years so past, we should not sit still and keep quiet any longer. We have fought for a reasonably free and fair election and have seen that come to pass, we brought President Buhari. It is now time to fight for a clear and transparent National Assembly where the shoemaker and the pepper seller on the streets shall know the law maker in the house. A National Assembly where the members of the PIB - Petroleum Industry Bill - Committee, ‘NEPA’ Committee and the bills being passed on the floor of the hallowed chambers will be known to even infants suckling at the breast. We need a National Assembly with only intellectual minds and passionate hearts, no longer should we condone money hungry *insert derogatory term here* and soulless life sucking *insert another one here*. 

This Billionaire Boys Club that has been feeding like leeches of the riches of Nigeria must be treated like the big leech that it is and its head touched with naked flames to ensure that we get rid of this vermin completely - this is the only way to eject these black blood suckers leaving no poison behind! The Nigerian BBC has been broadcasting ill-gotten wealth as its own, living more lavishly than royalty and the VIP members, my days, much more lavishly than Queen Elizabeth. As former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan said - I shall paraphrase, stealing is stealing and a thief is a thief. Billionaires my foot, they can all line up and kiss my @$$!

Also, Ramadan Kareem to the Muslim brethren!

(Image Source: Pending)


No comments:

Post a Comment