Friday 20 March 2015

AN EYE INTO ANOTHER WORLD

Chikara by Joshua Zirigbe (9B)

http://jouleconcepts.blogspot.nl/2015/03/art-article-eye-into-another-world.html?m=1
(I am starting my own blog, so I'm bringing along all my articles that I published on a friend's blog)

For some reason, I have always been a fan of the arts - the ability to create something from nothing, the ability to bring to life what was once but only a figment of one’s imagination. I consider the artist to be a gift to man, a gift to constantly remind him that he is possible of anything.

This piece is more of a show than tell, as I am certain that an article on art with more words than works would truly be absurd. To this end, I have had to steal from a classmate, a friend and most of all, a talented artist as I, myself, am not so gifted as to put up my works for display. Still, I shall humour you eventually with my rendition of an infamous 'Looney Toon'.

Now, artistic deftness is not a requirement for appreciating beauty and the plethora of magna opera - many great works - that be. Mr Joshua Zirigbe (9β) is a Naija boy from Warri who has given us the opportunity to see another world through his eyes, let us begin...

Ms Tia and African Sharingan by Joshua Zirigbe (9B)

I should first and foremost warn you that everything you are about to see is real! Drawn by hand and only uploaded digitally that you too may appreciate and perhaps get ‘lust’ in the strokes and curves that have been crafted elegantly to evoke emotions and arouse sensation. By the way, the funny looking eye is titled Chikara - the Japanese word for power.

One of my favourites of Josh’s present collection is his version of the lovely lady Shaun Tia in a modest pose wearing nothing but a dashing birthday suit, don’t judge me, I love that piece. All About The Lines - the piece shows Ms Tia laying on the floor, her right shoulder furtively lifted off of it, revealing an arched back, her right hand half way raised as if calling for another glass, her face looking away into the light as if to hide a beautiful smile and her legs standing on the tip of its toes as if to…I’ll leave that to your imagination.

The fading gentleman that has been juxtaposed to the damsel that puts me in distress is called African Sharingan - a name of Japanese inspiration. I am certain that he will appeal more to the femme in the audience. Unfortunately however, I have to inform you that unlike my Ms Tia, your fading man only exists in 9β’s world and if you look closely, it appears he is trying to slither into the naked lady’s canvass, cross over to her world, our world, the real world.

Le Tour Eiffel by Joshua Zirigbe (9B)
Art to me is also the ability to tell a story, one that can take you places you have never been, a story that can make you see the world in new lights or perhaps even a story that brings back memories of time past. Have you ever been to Paris? Have you ever heard of the love in its air and on its streets? If no then surely you have at least heard of its marvelous landmark.

The Heights, this sunday sketch is of Le Tour Eiffel, the Eiffel tower! Finished in 1889, I have heard that the whole of Paris can be seen if you make it to its peak - it stands more than 300m (1000ft) above ground. What a wonderful place it would be to get down on one knee, pull out that special box with that special ring and ask that special question. The visionary behind this magnificence is Gustave Eiffel, in its early days, the tower which was built for the ’89 world fair was criticised for its blandness and was compared to the Spartan Egyptian pyramids. Now, we think it is sublime art, or could it be because it is famous?

Ms Oreva by Joshua Zirigbe (9B)
The next maleficent piece of art has nothing to do with a wicked witch played by Angelina Jolie nor does it have anything to do with the re-telling of the Snow White fable. What this piece does share with the 2014 blockbuster is a princess being given a close-up. No artist worth his salt goes through a career without doing justice to the portrait of a striking young lady. In Ms Oreva, the quality of detail is superb! Every braid has been etched into existence as though each was plaited by une coiffeuse - a hairstylist. The detail of shade furthermore brings the work to life and she smiles as if to acknowledge the justice that has been done her. A lone butterfly looms somewhat in the distance over what seems to be a rose, adding more grace to the princess' ambience.

Schlum by Joshua Zirigbe (9B)
I should end this piece hoping that the art has struck a chord with your heart and opened your mind like the six open strings of the guitar on the scale of E. But wait! I hope you can dodge the incoming bullet and see the aliens before they get you!
Sniper and Aliens by Joshua Zirigbe (9B)
I always keep my promises and so here is eventually - that’s all folks!
Daffy Duck By Juwah C.A.



Next

No comments:

Post a Comment